Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas in Cologne



Couldn't resist posting from the Cologne/Köln/Keulen market again.


Perhaps it's because this was the first gothic cathedral we ever saw on our first visit to Europe (many, many moons ago), but I still find the Kölner Dom (Cologne cathedral) to be one of the most awesome sights in Europe. Yes, I know there are churches that are bigger, or more delicate, or in a more picturesque location, but this one tops it for me.







Here are some more pics from the market, to make up for the fact that we won't publish this weekend. Hope to see you Monday.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing church. Looks like a lot of fun at the markets as well.
http://www.aglimpseoflondon.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Colorful photos of a fun time had by all. Nice.

Kate said...

Love the photo of the cathedral bathed in light! And the people in the market certainly look happy!!

b.c. said...

It really is an awesome sight--you can't be faulted for wanting to post this one!!! just breathtaking...

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi R,
Against my 'normal' behavior I visit blogs on a saterdayevening, so also yours, just wondering about 'where cologne' is I look it up on the map... Do you stay in Holland with Christmas??

Have a smile, Come and look at my blog and see my serie's of CREATIVE alternative christmas decoration. Have a great weekend!

JoAnn greetings,

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Fine pics.
I do like German Xmas market. I used to spend some hours in Lubeck market when going to Sweden for Xmas.

Neva said...

This is a beautiful cathedral....

Oya said...

What a beaty....