Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Away again...


I am completely out of photos from our area (at least seasonal ones), so for a couple more days we'll feature vacation shots from our trip to the Amalfi coast of Italy.

This is the main harbor of the island of Capri. A beautiful place, the island is mainly in "recharge" mode during the off-season -- most of the shops, hotels and restaurants are closed for remodeling and restocking during this time of year. So, it was a bit sleepy, but the bright side of visiting now is that you don't have to fight hordes of sun-seeking tourists to wander around the island.

4 comments:

Lezard said...

Brings back beautiful memories to me, I travelled there three years ago. Capri is like Monte Carlo for me (more scenic though): very expensive shops and hotels. But you're right, must be nice to go there off-season, especially with this kind of weather..... Have you been to Ravello for the view over the Amalfi coast and drank limoncello in Amalfi?

Pat said...

What a lovely place to vacation! Wonderful view!



I would certainly appreciate your posting a condolence message in my blogs today for the wife of a good blogger friend...

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos

Chuck Pefley said...

I spent a couple days in Positano last April. Tourist crowd wasn't too bad then but I'm sure you had even fewer to contend with. The winter weather is a pleasant break I'm sure. Thanks for surprising me with a quick trip to Italy. -:)

Yolanda said...

This is such a lovely shot . thanks for sharing it.